Leet Lounge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forum for the Leet Lounge Community

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

New admin setup

Go down 
+3
MopeChow
thepeople
Anonymous BA
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Anonymous BA
User
Anonymous BA

New admin setup Empty
PostSubject: New admin setup   New admin setup I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 31, 2009 5:19 pm

Alright, I noticed that a few of the commands in the Ulx system are a bit slow, non responsive, or just don't fucking work. I move that we change to a new system so that commands are not so limited and actually work. In case you diden't notice, I did not do my homework on other systems, but that is because I don't really know what I am supposed to be looking for. It should have working controls, alot of options, and slick interface. Anyone who knows of a setup like that, should totally post here. I'm sure there is something newer and better out there than shitty ulx.
Back to top Go down
thepeople
User
thepeople

New admin setup Empty
PostSubject: Re: New admin setup   New admin setup I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 31, 2009 6:52 pm

http://www.garrysmod.org/downloads/?a=view&id=80580 ---Ass Mod; used on a variety of servers quite popular because of its interface.

Pros: Point and click interface, clean menu interface, and has a load of plug ins.
Cons: A lot of binding to keys and less console interface.

http://www.garrysmod.org/downloads/?a=view&id=71145 http://www.facepunch.com/showthread.php?p=15678974 ---Citrus; more build serverish.

Pros: Mini games, achievements, redo and VERY EASY TO EDIT
Cons: Not popular amongst users (this is because people forgot to add themselves as superadmin out of game) and an awkward point system.

That is really about it when it comes to admin setups. Since I'm not an admin I can't really complain about anything. Traditional ULX is always good or ASS is always a fun one.
Back to top Go down
MopeChow
Administrator
Administrator
MopeChow

New admin setup Empty
PostSubject: Re: New admin setup   New admin setup I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 31, 2009 9:32 pm

Any other suggestions?

I don't really have problems with ulx... as why i picked it, but if people don't like it, I guess we can change.
Back to top Go down
http://leetlounge.omgforum.net
thepeople
User
thepeople

New admin setup Empty
PostSubject: Re: New admin setup   New admin setup I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 01, 2010 4:19 pm

Are you sure it isn't the server being slow with commands or your internet connection being slow with them? I've considered ULX to be the faster, more basic of choices.
Back to top Go down
MopeChow
Administrator
Administrator
MopeChow

New admin setup Empty
PostSubject: Re: New admin setup   New admin setup I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 01, 2010 6:11 pm

Lol ya. It might just be the internet being slow with the commands.

But believe it or not I'm haveing trouble banning people with ulx.
Back to top Go down
http://leetlounge.omgforum.net
Robosaurus Rex-2000
User
Robosaurus Rex-2000

New admin setup Empty
PostSubject: Re: New admin setup   New admin setup I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 01, 2010 7:51 pm

Every now and then the console commands quit out for a while which is really weird, other than that I've had no problems with it.
Back to top Go down
Broadband Bandit
User
Broadband Bandit

New admin setup Empty
PostSubject: Re: New admin setup   New admin setup I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 01, 2010 11:59 pm

i use "ulx who" as my only ulx command and it is often a good 10 secs before ~ responds. also !kick takes an average of 5 seconds for me.

ASS usually lags horrible for me so i think ulx is the way to go regardless of minor delays.
Back to top Go down
MustangFX
User
MustangFX

New admin setup Empty
PostSubject: Re: New admin setup   New admin setup I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 02, 2010 12:10 am

Broadband Bandit wrote:
i use "ulx who" as my only ulx command and it is often a good 10 secs before ~ responds. also !kick takes an average of 5 seconds for me.

ASS usually lags horrible for me so i think ulx is the way to go regardless of minor delays.

When did you get ASS admin?
Back to top Go down
Broadband Bandit
User
Broadband Bandit

New admin setup Empty
PostSubject: Re: New admin setup   New admin setup I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 02, 2010 1:00 am

MustangFX wrote:
Broadband Bandit wrote:

When did you get ASS admin?

"ass" as in the admin control not as in assistant admin.
Back to top Go down
austin2011
User
austin2011

New admin setup Empty
PostSubject: Re: New admin setup   New admin setup I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 02, 2010 1:41 am

From what I have seen, ASSMod is broke. It apparently doesn't save anything. So you'll have to reset all admins every time you restart the map. You can get around that with an extra config file running from server.cfg, but that's too much work just for a better gui.
Back to top Go down
MustangFX
User
MustangFX

New admin setup Empty
PostSubject: Re: New admin setup   New admin setup I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 02, 2010 1:46 am

austin2011 wrote:
From what I have seen, ASSMod is broke. It apparently doesn't save anything. So you'll have to reset all admins every time you restart the map. You can get around that with an extra config file running from server.cfg, but that's too much work just for a better gui.

Not neccessarily...but regardless, I think ULX works fine for now.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

New admin setup Empty
PostSubject: Re: New admin setup   New admin setup I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New admin setup
Page 1 of 1