Leet Lounge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forum for the Leet Lounge Community

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Map Dedicated To Server And Leet Lounge

Go down 
+5
Robosaurus Rex-2000
austin2011
Patient Zero
MustangFX
Psi Killare
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Psi Killare
User

Map Dedicated To Server And Leet Lounge Empty
PostSubject: Map Dedicated To Server And Leet Lounge   Map Dedicated To Server And Leet Lounge I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 31, 2009 8:07 pm

I, Psi Killare, would love to make a map dedicated to the server. I dont care for anything in return. I would like suggestions on the map or if you want one at all. If enough people say they want a map dedicated to the server and have enough suggestions on how big, underground, or watever, will start on saturday and will take some time, may be a few weeks. So post on my topic and i hope i can help the server either way! grin Happy Hands

Last edited by Psi Killare on Thu Dec 31, 2009 8:09 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : mess up)
Back to top Go down
MustangFX
User
MustangFX

PostSubject: Re: Map Dedicated To Server And Leet Lounge   Map Dedicated To Server And Leet Lounge I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 31, 2009 8:09 pm

I remember Grim doing this before...don't think he ever finished it...I'll give suggestions when I'm back from a party.
Back to top Go down
Patient Zero
User
Patient Zero

PostSubject: Re: Map Dedicated To Server And Leet Lounge   Map Dedicated To Server And Leet Lounge I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 31, 2009 8:10 pm

Haha I remember this.

MustangFX wrote:
I remember Grim doing this before...don't think he ever finished it...I'll give suggestions when I'm back from a party.

It was smurfy.
http://www.garrysmod.org/downloads/?a=view&id=56356
Back to top Go down
Psi Killare
User

PostSubject: Re: Map Dedicated To Server And Leet Lounge   Map Dedicated To Server And Leet Lounge I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 31, 2009 9:23 pm

Should it be one or more towns?
How large?
Should it have a specified or created gun store and drug store?
Should it have an underground system?
How large should it's Civil Protection Building be?
Should it have our server's IP on the map?
Should it have a tranportation system?
Should i have buildings for civilians with there custom jobs?
Should i make a Food Building?
Should the mayor have an open (out in the city) building or a inclose one (only he and the cops can get to it)?
Should there be large roads for vehicles, side walks for civilians, and/or trees and other plant life?
Should cops have an overwatching building that can see all of the map?
Maybe You Have other suggestions but these were just some ideas...
Back to top Go down
Patient Zero
User
Patient Zero

PostSubject: Re: Map Dedicated To Server And Leet Lounge   Map Dedicated To Server And Leet Lounge I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 31, 2009 9:27 pm

First of all, are you good with hammer? Do you have any previous work you could show us?
Back to top Go down
Psi Killare
User

PostSubject: Re: Map Dedicated To Server And Leet Lounge   Map Dedicated To Server And Leet Lounge I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 31, 2009 9:43 pm

No i have no previous work i can show u I'll make a small demostration before sunday ill start right now but i was going to build my own game but couldnt get the model of weapons thing down. I did study the maps more because i thought i could use them more so i could create a small map demostration the only few things i havent learned yet but will in the next 2 days until saturday, Dark RP doors and non ownable doors i have yet to learn yet. For creating all the spawn points and walls and all around the map i can create so far.
Back to top Go down
MustangFX
User
MustangFX

PostSubject: Re: Map Dedicated To Server And Leet Lounge   Map Dedicated To Server And Leet Lounge I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 01, 2010 4:35 am

Psi Killare wrote:
No i have no previous work i can show u I'll make a small demostration before sunday ill start right now but i was going to build my own game but couldnt get the model of weapons thing down. I did study the maps more because i thought i could use them more so i could create a small map demostration the only few things i havent learned yet but will in the next 2 days until saturday, Dark RP doors and non ownable doors i have yet to learn yet. For creating all the spawn points and walls and all around the map i can create so far.

I barely understood that...please use correct punctuation and grammar before a certain Anonymous BA assassinates you. :D
Back to top Go down
austin2011
User
austin2011

PostSubject: Re: Map Dedicated To Server And Leet Lounge   Map Dedicated To Server And Leet Lounge I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 01, 2010 8:14 pm

I shall translate what Psi Killare wrote.

I have no previous work I can show you right now. I'll make a small demostration map before sunday. I'll start right now instead of making a gamemode. I have studied some of the maps so I could understand how they are made. This way I could create a small map demostration. I still don't know some stuff about mapping, but in the next few day I'll be studing more. I still need to figure out Dark RP doors and non ownable doors. I know how to create all the spawn points and basic walls and all around the map.

A tip ahead of time... Dark RP automatically makes all doors ownable. You have to use DarkRP ingame to actually set it unownable or CP/Mayor only. So, as a mapper, do not worry about setting that up. As a personal preference, use the smallest number of doors in a single house. I hate paying property tax on 7 closets and fridge doors.
Back to top Go down
Psi Killare
User

PostSubject: Re: Map Dedicated To Server And Leet Lounge   Map Dedicated To Server And Leet Lounge I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 01, 2010 8:43 pm

Sorry, couldnt get on the forums earlier. Thank you Austin for translating. I have figured out how to make doors and ladders, which was surprizingly easy. I have the options of making doors slide or rotate. Also another feature i have the ability to make is breakable doors, I'm asking if i should make my doors have a breaking limit, so tell me. Another is auto closing doors, should i have them? I'm slowly making a map demonstrating some of what i know and what i can put on the map to give you thoughts of what i should put on the FINAL edition of the map.
I also need a name for my map. Have ideas please post them.

This is just an update on where i am right now.
Back to top Go down
austin2011
User
austin2011

PostSubject: Re: Map Dedicated To Server And Leet Lounge   Map Dedicated To Server And Leet Lounge I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 01, 2010 9:03 pm

You should go find and download rp_cargtown. It was a great map. It was horribly blocky and ugly, but it was one of the greatest maps of all time.
Back to top Go down
Robosaurus Rex-2000
User
Robosaurus Rex-2000

PostSubject: Re: Map Dedicated To Server And Leet Lounge   Map Dedicated To Server And Leet Lounge I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 01, 2010 11:24 pm

This is my suggestion:
Don't make an "official leet lounge map"
Yet

Get lots and lots of practice creating, whatever the hell you want really. Make sure you're really good (this is a LONG TERM GOAL)
And then edit rp_venetian. Make a bigger ocean, more islands, a bigger city, etc. but you'll worry about that later (WHEN YOU'RE REALLY GOOD)

If you continue on the path you're on I can predict the outcome:
You slave over your map for a grand total of like, a week or something. It is a piece of shit. The community goes "yeahhhhhhhhhh, uhh..." and then BA goes "Fuck you kid I always knew this would be a failure because you suck" because he's a dick.
And then you are filled with spite and stop playing on the server and tell everyone that "THOSE GUYS AT LEET LOUNGE ARE DICKS"

when it could have all been avoided by you not sucking at making maps.
Back to top Go down
MustangFX
User
MustangFX

PostSubject: Re: Map Dedicated To Server And Leet Lounge   Map Dedicated To Server And Leet Lounge I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 01, 2010 11:46 pm

L3thal wrote:
This is my suggestion:
Yet

Get lots and lots of practice creating, whatever the hell you want really. Make sure you're really good (this is a LONG TERM GOAL)
And then edit rp_venetian. Make a bigger ocean, more islands, a bigger city, etc. but you'll worry about that later (WHEN YOU'RE REALLY GOOD)

You slave over your map for a grand total of like, a week or something. It is a piece of shit. The community goes "yeahhhhhhhhhh, uhh..." and then BA goes "Fuck you kid I always knew this would be a failure because you suck" because he's a dick.
And then you are filled with spite and stop playing on the server and tell everyone that "THOSE GUYS AT LEET LOUNGE ARE DICKS"

Also, don't try to make any "rain" effects...
Back to top Go down
Anonymous BA
User
Anonymous BA

PostSubject: Re: Map Dedicated To Server And Leet Lounge   Map Dedicated To Server And Leet Lounge I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 02, 2010 12:54 am

L3thal wrote:
This is my suggestion:
Yet

WOW I DID NOT CALL YOU ANYTHING.
Back to top Go down
austin2011
User
austin2011

PostSubject: Re: Map Dedicated To Server And Leet Lounge   Map Dedicated To Server And Leet Lounge I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 02, 2010 1:39 am

L3thal wrote:
This is my suggestion:
Yet

All that is basically what I said to him in steam chat, but less nice...
Back to top Go down
Patient Zero
User
Patient Zero

PostSubject: Re: Map Dedicated To Server And Leet Lounge   Map Dedicated To Server And Leet Lounge I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 02, 2010 2:50 am

Yeah, last time someone mapped for us that didn't know what he was doing, this happened.

Map Dedicated To Server And Leet Lounge 56356_2
Back to top Go down
Robosaurus Rex-2000
User
Robosaurus Rex-2000

PostSubject: Re: Map Dedicated To Server And Leet Lounge   Map Dedicated To Server And Leet Lounge I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 02, 2010 11:27 am

Anonymous BA wrote:

WOW I DID NOT CALL YOU ANYTHING.
ahahahahaha. it was a joke. because you like to make kids feel bad.
Back to top Go down
austin2011
User
austin2011

PostSubject: Re: Map Dedicated To Server And Leet Lounge   Map Dedicated To Server And Leet Lounge I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 02, 2010 3:36 pm

Patient Zero wrote:
Yeah, last time someone mapped for us that didn't know what he was doing, this happened.

Map Dedicated To Server And Leet Lounge 56356_2

I THINK MY EYES ARE BLEEDING SHOULD THEY BE BLEEDING OMG I HOPE THEY STOP BLEEDING!!!!!

Wow, that's horrible.
Back to top Go down
Montmorency
User
Montmorency

PostSubject: Re: Map Dedicated To Server And Leet Lounge   Map Dedicated To Server And Leet Lounge I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 02, 2010 9:13 pm

LOLPICTURE
Back to top Go down
Psi Killare
User

PostSubject: Re: Map Dedicated To Server And Leet Lounge   Map Dedicated To Server And Leet Lounge I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 03, 2010 12:31 pm

I Can't edit rp_venetian, seeing as it's a BSP file not a VMF because the hammer editor only can edit VMF files. Although i can make a map close to it and make it have like 3 large islands. In that case should i make a river or stream through the city so airboats can get through? I'll work on a map THAT WONT SUCK (BA...) lol it'll take a couple of weeks, ill keep posting untill then. :)
Back to top Go down
Patient Zero
User
Patient Zero

PostSubject: Re: Map Dedicated To Server And Leet Lounge   Map Dedicated To Server And Leet Lounge I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 03, 2010 3:28 pm

Psi Killare wrote:
I Can't edit rp_venetian, seeing as it's a BSP file not a VMF because the hammer editor only can edit VMF files.

You have to decompile it.
http://www.bagthorpe.org/bob/cofrdrbob/vmex.html
Back to top Go down
austin2011
User
austin2011

PostSubject: Re: Map Dedicated To Server And Leet Lounge   Map Dedicated To Server And Leet Lounge I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 05, 2010 11:06 pm

Before you start editting rp_venetian... Work on practice maps. I will do the same if I feel like it. If I put my mind to it, I'll be able to make a half decent building or something. I could continue from there and see what happens... So yeah. If you guys want me to at least give mapping a shot, convince me.
Back to top Go down
MopeChow
Administrator
Administrator
MopeChow

PostSubject: Re: Map Dedicated To Server And Leet Lounge   Map Dedicated To Server And Leet Lounge I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 06, 2010 3:08 am

austin2011 wrote:
Before you start editting rp_venetian... Work on practice maps. I will do the same if I feel like it. If I put my mind to it, I'll be able to make a half decent building or something. I could continue from there and see what happens... So yeah. If you guys want me to at least give mapping a shot, convince me.

Do it or else! I'll tell spades how you called him the great spanyard!
Back to top Go down
http://leetlounge.omgforum.net
Patient Zero
User
Patient Zero

PostSubject: Re: Map Dedicated To Server And Leet Lounge   Map Dedicated To Server And Leet Lounge I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 06, 2010 7:53 am

Lol I found this remember?

Map Dedicated To Server And Leet Lounge RANDOMCRAP
Back to top Go down
Psi Killare
User

PostSubject: Re: Map Dedicated To Server And Leet Lounge   Map Dedicated To Server And Leet Lounge I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 06, 2010 8:03 pm

Austin if u start to work on maps too we can work together to get a map done MUCH faster. I finally figured out some of my problems through a practice map im making... so austin if u feel like it go ahead im not stopping u.
Heh have fun, im sure ull go crazy by how much crap u have to do to learn the right stuff.
Back to top Go down
austin2011
User
austin2011

PostSubject: Re: Map Dedicated To Server And Leet Lounge   Map Dedicated To Server And Leet Lounge I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 06, 2010 10:40 pm

MopeChow wrote:
Do it or else! I'll tell spades how you called him the great spanyard!

I never said "Spades is the Great Spanyard!", I merely said Spades The Spanyard. If I do not have school tomorrow because of snow or something exploding, then I'll map. I started a base of the map. It's going to be a short road with a sidewalk, and house.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Map Dedicated To Server And Leet Lounge   Map Dedicated To Server And Leet Lounge I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Map Dedicated To Server And Leet Lounge
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Leet Lounge :: General :: Discussion-
Jump to: