Leet Lounge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forum for the Leet Lounge Community

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Urban homes opening up for urban agriculture

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
bettin46

Urban homes opening up for urban agriculture Empty
PostSubject: Urban homes opening up for urban agriculture   Urban homes opening up for urban agriculture I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 22, 2010 2:32 am

In a country like India where almost 60 percent of the population lives in large cities (i.e., in cities with a population of more than one lakh people) and about 30-40 percent of a city’s population is in slums, the urban areas can assume more importance as a catalyst for environmental improvement, employment generation and poverty alleviation.

Therefore, even though agriculture and urbanization are seen as typically conflicting activities, urban areas are increasingly being recognized as a realistic and desirable land-use option and as an integral part of the urban ecosystem. Hence, interest in urban areas in Kerala is growing very rapidly. In recent times, when considering the proliferation of
homes Kerala
state as a whole and particularly its urban centers are witnessing major developments unseen in earlier times. Newer developments have overtaken the prominent city centers.

Along with the present urban developments, the government has also stepped in to promote the livelihood of people residing in the urban centers. Urban agriculture is now finding many takers with the proliferation of the modern concrete jungle along with phenomenal rise in day temperatures due to the lack of open spaces for plants and other greeneries. There are numerous examples of urban farming throughout the world, in countries like USA, Canada, China (with roughly 40 percent of the urban jobs in agriculture), Hong Kong, Singapore, Papua New Guinea, Zambia, Kenya, Mozambique (the capital Maputo has 30 percent area under urban agriculture) etc, which testify to the benefits derived from urban agriculture.

In cities like Berlin as many as 50,000 persons rent land to produce crops. In Dar es Salaam 68 percent of the city workers produced food in 1988. The common belief is that the future of urban agriculture is in Asia. It is true because urbanization is more rapid in the Asian countries today, than in the West.

But it is to be remembered that urban agriculture is transient in character, as it is practiced mostly on marginal/underutilized/transitional lands. Therefore, urban developments can obliterate such agriculture both within the city, as well as in the semi-urban areas. On the periphery of the cities like Trivandrum, Kochi and Kozhikode, urban agriculture can be pushed farther away from the center of the city because of urban expansion.

Back to top Go down
austin2011
User
austin2011

PostSubject: Re: Urban homes opening up for urban agriculture   Urban homes opening up for urban agriculture I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 27, 2010 2:50 pm

Oh really... this is eye opening. Not.
Back to top Go down
Broadband Bandit
User
Broadband Bandit

PostSubject: Re: Urban homes opening up for urban agriculture   Urban homes opening up for urban agriculture I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 07, 2010 2:09 am

1. Who are you?
2. Who cares?
3. Why are you posting facts about agriculture and urbanization of Europe and Asia on a dead forum of a garrysmod RP server clan?
Back to top Go down
austin2011
User
austin2011

PostSubject: Re: Urban homes opening up for urban agriculture   Urban homes opening up for urban agriculture I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 07, 2010 5:22 pm

Broadband Bandit wrote:
1. Who are you?
2. Who cares?
3. Why are you posting facts about agriculture and urbanization of Europe and Asia on a dead forum of a garrysmod RP server clan?

1. A bot
2. The bot's advertising company
3. Because it found it and is throwing out free advertisements.
Back to top Go down
Broadband Bandit
User
Broadband Bandit

PostSubject: Re: Urban homes opening up for urban agriculture   Urban homes opening up for urban agriculture I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 07, 2010 6:23 pm

o
Back to top Go down
MustangFX
User
MustangFX

PostSubject: Re: Urban homes opening up for urban agriculture   Urban homes opening up for urban agriculture I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 08, 2010 11:00 pm

Seems it's not THAT dead since you guys noticed eh?
Back to top Go down
Broadband Bandit
User
Broadband Bandit

PostSubject: Re: Urban homes opening up for urban agriculture   Urban homes opening up for urban agriculture I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 09, 2010 2:37 am

i go on here everyday as i have no friends and no life.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous BA
User
Anonymous BA

PostSubject: Re: Urban homes opening up for urban agriculture   Urban homes opening up for urban agriculture I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 09, 2010 3:46 pm

I like to go to the poor sections of a city with a baseball bat shaped like a dick and hit people in the face, leaving a funny shaped bruise on their face. Goddamn urban slums.
Back to top Go down
austin2011
User
austin2011

PostSubject: Re: Urban homes opening up for urban agriculture   Urban homes opening up for urban agriculture I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 11, 2010 10:14 pm

MustangFX wrote:
Seems it's not THAT dead since you guys noticed eh?

I think we all have GMod fever. It's a sickness, happens twice a year. Once during summer, once during winter. We didn't really get our fix over summer. So, it has come back to haunt us during Winter. I've been aching for some great RP. I still have my Afgahn RP idea on the forums. If Mope would host, I would make that shit.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Urban homes opening up for urban agriculture   Urban homes opening up for urban agriculture I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Urban homes opening up for urban agriculture
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Leet Lounge :: General :: Discussion-
Jump to: