Leet Lounge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forum for the Leet Lounge Community

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

ULX Group "Community Member"

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
thepeople
User
thepeople

ULX Group "Community Member" Empty
PostSubject: ULX Group "Community Member"   ULX Group "Community Member" I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 25, 2009 1:44 pm

After being on the server for awhile I noticed something, constantly WE as regular members have to keep vote kicking. We get our jobs and some other person gets a vote demote going with the reason," NOT DOING HIZ J0B!111!" or when CP ," RANDOM ARR3ST!". Once it passes boom we as community members are screwed for actually wanting to rp. Remember those times when we had complex RPs with cool twists at the end. Like the Magic RP that was done at ventian. No one was screwed, everyone participated, and it was fun.

What I'm proposing is that we get the ability to kick. NOT BAN!!!
Maybe a /job like at Noxious or HL2land.net that shows that you're apart of the community.
It separates us from the rest of the regular crowd that hasn't registered on the forums or maybe lurks.

I think David said it best when he was talking about Chuck's Admin App.
L3thal wrote:
In addition, several times over the past week or two he's had to message me through steam asking me to come online and get rid of some minges. He plays on the server very often, and usually while no admins are on(and coincidentally, when the idiots thrive). Giving him the ability to do something about these minges would be good for the server and every non-admin that plays on it.

The Plan:
1. Make it a separate application . This way that kids can apply for it but use there CP and Mayor Apps as references. If not make it a step between ASS and Mayor. (HEHEHE GENERIC THAT'S WHAT SHE SAID)
2. Realize under the oaths of the ability to kick, the player realizes this isn't a way to "abuse." That would be the common knowledge from apps before. Abuse victims could go forth to the admin abuse part of these forums.

Alternative
1. Make a /job for community members that allows them to have an arrest baton or something along the lines to stop spammers, DMers, young immature brats, and etc.
2. As members we can /demote someone or arrest people without warrant. We're allowed to be demoted, it just cuts the power off from the non-regulars.

I don't know what you take from this. I honestly think that it has worked for me in the past. I've seen it build strong communities on forums or it miserably flops on its back like a turtle waiting for a predator to eat it. If you want to add both go for it. If you want to add just one go for it.

If you don't like what I've proposed or want to tweak it, please post.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Fahrenheit
Administrator
Administrator
Mr. Fahrenheit

PostSubject: Re: ULX Group "Community Member"   ULX Group "Community Member" I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 25, 2009 2:50 pm

A ulx group if anything; making a seperate /class doesn't sound good... I'll talk to mope about this. :D
Back to top Go down
http://leetlounge.omgforum.net
MustangFX
User
MustangFX

PostSubject: Re: ULX Group "Community Member"   ULX Group "Community Member" I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 25, 2009 11:43 pm

Yeah I could see this workin, we should give it a try.
Back to top Go down
Patient Zero
User
Patient Zero

PostSubject: Re: ULX Group "Community Member"   ULX Group "Community Member" I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 25, 2009 11:56 pm

Yeah but it doesn't take much to become a community member.. All you have to do really is join the forums and make a few posts.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Fahrenheit
Administrator
Administrator
Mr. Fahrenheit

PostSubject: Re: ULX Group "Community Member"   ULX Group "Community Member" I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 26, 2009 12:41 am

Patient Zero wrote:
Yeah but it doesn't take much to become a community member.. All you have to do really is join the forums and make a few posts.

Joining the forums > not joining the forums.
Back to top Go down
MustangFX
User
MustangFX

PostSubject: Re: ULX Group "Community Member"   ULX Group "Community Member" I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 26, 2009 2:58 am

Mr. Fahrenheit wrote:
Patient Zero wrote:

Joining the forums > not joining the forums.

He's got a point, and also, I think this was meant to be a step up from mayor so you have to apply for cp, then mayor, THEN you can ask for community member privvies.
Back to top Go down
thepeople
User
thepeople

PostSubject: Re: ULX Group "Community Member"   ULX Group "Community Member" I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 26, 2009 10:07 am

MustangFX wrote:

He's got a point, and also, I think this was meant to be a step up from mayor so you have to apply for cp, then mayor, THEN you can ask for community member privvies.

Yep, you've got the right idea.
Back to top Go down
thepeople
User
thepeople

PostSubject: Re: ULX Group "Community Member"   ULX Group "Community Member" I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 27, 2009 10:25 am

So is this a go? Is there enough input for this to happen? What can be said about this?
Back to top Go down
MopeChow
Administrator
Administrator
MopeChow

PostSubject: Re: ULX Group "Community Member"   ULX Group "Community Member" I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 27, 2009 11:56 am

So, if i can understand this correctly, you want a job that is called community members that have the ability to kick.

What would this job rp exactly? How would you rp a gun dealer, medic, cook, or gun dealer with this?
Back to top Go down
MustangFX
User
MustangFX

PostSubject: Re: ULX Group "Community Member"   ULX Group "Community Member" I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 27, 2009 12:05 pm

MopeChow wrote:
So, if i can understand this correctly, you want a job that is called community members that have the ability to kick.

What would this job rp exactly? How would you rp a gun dealer, medic, cook, or gun dealer with this?

No, no, no scratch the rp job thing, just make it a ULX Group.
Back to top Go down
MopeChow
Administrator
Administrator
MopeChow

PostSubject: Re: ULX Group "Community Member"   ULX Group "Community Member" I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 27, 2009 12:20 pm

MustangFX wrote:
MopeChow wrote:

No, no, no scratch the rp job thing, just make it a ULX Group.

Oh ya, thats easy. I guess this can be done.

I'm worried about abuse, but since you have to go through cp and mayor I think this will be well handled.

Ok, its been made and is ready for applications.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ULX Group "Community Member"   ULX Group "Community Member" I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

ULX Group "Community Member"
Page 1 of 1